Wednesday, October 21, 2009

He Tri'd

Chad entered a sprint triathlon in Crystal River, FL. It was a 1/4 mile swim, 15 mile bike ride, and a 3 mile run. He had a blast! In fact, he's ready to do another one...unfortunately there's not much time for that right now. (*sigh*) Some day...

Here are some pictures from the "fun" day...



This is the picture taken by the event photographers...you can tell he's having a good time!



Now, that's more like it...a little less smile and a lot more pain. :)



The "big" finish...



The shock of the entire experience was that Chad actually medaled by finishing second in both his division and age group with a time of 1 hr, 16 minutes, 14 seconds. Way to go!!!

2 comments:

Bonecrusher said...

Wow. I'm impressed!

Jessica said...

Holy Crap! They would have required one of those whale nets to get me out of the 1/4 mile swim in the first part if I tried that! Way to go Chad. I would have been impressed to hear you finished, but medaling is awesome!