
One car. Two very different bumper stickers. Not to mention a whole host of clashing ideologies, opinions, and ideas that are embodied between the two. What can we say? There's nothing like representing the "entire" United States political spectrum on a single bumper. We actually noticed this car as we were walking through the married student housing on campus and couldn't help but wonder what type of political conversations this couple has around the dinner table. :)
Saturday, November 7, 2009
An interesting political commentary...
Posted by Chad at 12:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ha! I wonder what James E. Faust and President Benson's political discussions would have been like.
okay, so I have to tell you...this car belongs to rob and sarah taber. I can't remember if you guys know them, they are in the 5th ward. Anyway, we always make fun of their bumper stickers, and yes, they do have some interesting political discussions! By the way, you look so cute with your little belly. We are excited for you guys!
Heh! Yup, that's our car. They're from the primaries in '07 (why not have both candidates you can live with?) Ooohhh, the stories from those bumper stickers...
A few weeks ago I drove up to Atlanta to meet my parents for a weekend. Every time we had to leave the hotel and go somewhere there was the question of which car to take and Mom and Dad always volunteered theirs right away. "Hang on you guys," I said, "It's the bumper stickers, isn't it?" Yes it was.
OK... I gotta chime in now! This is Sarah's father speaking. It ain't the bumper stickers sweetie, it's your driving ;-) Seriously... coming from the more conservative end of the spectrum, I've considered buying our precious little grand daughter (whose car seat is about 4 feet in front of the Obama sticker!) a lifetime membership in the NRA. *That* ought to spark some lively Thanksgiving dinner discussions!
So fun to catch up on all of your adventures. That's ONE cute pregnant girl! And good job Chad on your triathalon. We will be so excited to meet your new little arrival via this blog soon! It goes fast...believe me we're about to meet ours in a few weeks!
Post a Comment